WHAT MAKES BLACK BEAR LAKE DIFFERENT?
In Addition to Our Caring Staff, Wonderful Facilities,
Excellent Activities, Fun Special Events, and Safety First Transportation
Black Bear Lake has Many Unique Features That Make Us Stand Out From All Other Camps
(Click on any item for details):
Our Unique Elective Program
- Black Bear Lake has the most complete Elective Program of any day camp
- Campers from ages 6-15 get to choose from 4 to 5 elective activities each week!
- Campers are sent home a weekly list of over 50 electives to choose from and can complete their choice online, with their parents' help
- Campers go to their electives every day with other children their age, so if they are learning a dance routine on Monday, they will perform for the camp on Friday
- We have 3 full-time office staff dedicated to processing elective choices to ensure your child gets their first choices in classes with other children their age
- Campers may take the same activities each week or try new ones - so if you are into basketball - no need to go to basketball camp this summer- you can play every day of the summer with professional instruction for top notch clinics and games!
- Our program design allows us to offer many unique activities with true professionals including Fencing, Scuba Diving, Skateboarding, Chess, and more...
- Campers meet other children their age with similar interests when they go to their electives, so they can expand their friendship circle beyond their immediate group. Click here for Program details
All Air-Conditioned Activity Rooms
- Last summer was the hottest summer in recorded history!
- Black Bear Lake has over 30,000 square feet of indoor air-conditioned space
- All campers eat in our 5,000 square foot air-conditioned Dining Hall every day
- All activities except for sports and swim are held in air-conditioned facilities
Fully Air-Conditioned Buses
- BBL has the most transportation options of any summer program.
- Tuition includes door to door transportation on Fully Air Conditioned Buses.
- Meet the air-conditioned bus at a convenient central stop for a discount of $350 per child.
- Utilize the Early and/or Late Air-Conditioned Buses convenient for any work schedule.
- You can even drive your camper to and from camp for a discount of $850 per child! Click here for Transportation details
30 Acres of Tree Shaded Grounds and Lake
- In addition to its 3 sports fields, Black Bear Lake is situated on over 30 acres of tree shaded grounds – which keeps our campers cooler all summer long
- Numerous activities are held in the shade so our campers are always comfortable – including Morning and Afternoon Line-Up, Archery, Camping, Zip Line, and GaGa
- Our Horseback Riding Corral and miles of trails are all completely shaded by trees!
- Our private lake is naturally stocked with many different varieties of fish – sunnies, catfish, bass, and even eel! Everyone can catch a fish at BBL!
- In addition to boating, campers can also enjoy our Water Trampolines, Water Wheels and Banana Boat Rides!
What are we going to do when it rains?
- It never rains at Black Bear Lake…it’s only liquid sunshine!
During inclement weather, our indoor activities go on as usual – nothing is cancelled or postponed. Campers with outdoor electives participate in our unique Rainy Day Program – which includes a giant Indoor Carnival with ten fun Boardwalk Games with tons of prizes, five inflatable Sport Stations like skee-ball and hooley ball, as well as three covered Gaga Courts, 4 Way Ping Pong, Air Hockey and Foosball – so that everyone is actively playing while staying dry! We also have space to watch movies on our high-definition screens, play over 50 different board games with friends, and participate in wild and wacky division-wide competitions for awesome prizes – like Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?, Blurt, Indoor Scavenger Hunt, the Newlywed Game, or the BBL Annual Spelling Bee!
At Black Bear Lake, our indoor space can accommodate all of our campers and staff at any time. In addition, on those super-hot days – our campers stay super-cool because all of our indoor space is AIR-CONDITIONED as well! CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION ON OUR RAINY DAY CARNIVAL
Professional Lunch Program in Our Air-Conditioned Dining Hall
- Black Bear Lake has a commercial kitchen with a professional chef
- Our lunch menu options are always fresh and healthy
- All foods served at camp are trans-fat free
- Fresh fruit is served with every meal
- Salad Bar, Pasta Bar, Sandwich Bar and Bagel & Cereal Bar are offered daily
- Of course, we are a peanut-aware camp and offer soy butter and chocolate soy butter instead of peanut butter at the sandwich bar
- Our Dining Hall is fully air-conditioned and can accommodate every camper, every day
- Campers can visit our Snack Shack throughout the day for a healthy snack of fruit, veggies, and bagels.
- Cold Water is available throughout the campus in 10 gallon water cooler containers - so no water fountains - including every sport, every indoor activity and the Dining Hall
- A Yummy Ice Cream Treat is served every afternoon. Click here for Lunch Menu details
All Inclusive Tuition & Generous Discount Programs
- Everything is included in our tuition - air-conditioned door to door transportation, lunch, snacks, towels, trip fees and much more
- Trip fees are all included - when your camper is scheduled for a trip to the movies - we pay for the ticket and the popcorn!
- All Activities are included in our tuition - horseback riding, scuba diving, and fencing are all part of our electives and no limits are placed on them
- Many discount programs are available for easy savings –including Sibling Discounts, Central Express Bus Stops, Early and/or Late Bus, and Parent Drive Discounts
- Click here for Registration details
Our Unique Refund Policy
- We are so confident that your family will enjoy the Black Bear Lake Experience that we offer the most liberal refund policy for any camp.
- All payments and deposits are fully refundable until the first day of camp, with no fees or penalties
- Once camp begins, if you need to drop any amount of full weeks for any reason, you will be given a refund for any unused weeks. So if you signed up for 8 weeks and need to drop to 4 weeks, you will be given a refund of the differential between the 8 week rate and the 4 week rate
- No Other Camp Can Make This Claim! Click here for Refund Policy
© Black Bear Lake Day Camp
Millstone Township, NJ
fax: (609) 259-2248
Send Us An Email!