The Black Bear Lake Difference
It’s all about choice. Your choice! Total choice!
Black Bear Lake’s program uniquely focuses on choice! Each week BBL campers choose the activities they want to explore in-depth participating alongside campers with similar interests.
Our Choice Elective Program allows your child the choice of participating in activities that they like and choose themselves! Our innovative program consists of over 50 diverse and exciting activities, from soccer and tennis to arts and crafts and cooking. Only Black Bear Lake campers choose their own program, not just a single elective, designed themselves to discover new interests, learn new skills, improve their talents, and have fun doing it!
In a traditional camp setting, campers often participate in activities with just the kids in their group. By choosing activities based on their interests, campers quickly meet many other campers with whom they have something in common. When campers are in activities they are highly interested in, they make more friends and the activity is more fun and engaging for all. Staff are equally happy with the BBL choice program. They know each camper in their activity chose to be there! Therefore, with motivated and engaged campers they can achieve their teaching goals much more easily and quickly!
SO HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Campers receive a listing of the exciting activities to choose from.
- Families login to our online system to create a “Top 8” list of their preferred choices.
- Each week, we create customized schedules for each camper, based on their Elective Preferences.
- Each day, campers enjoy their weekly elective choices, as part of their daily schedule.
- Lower Camp and Junior Camp enjoy 4 periods of electives, Senior Camp and Upper Camp have 5 elective periods.
- Electives are 40 minutes per day, for five straight days.
- Each week, campers can update their Elective Preference List, allowing them to have a new schedule if they so choose.
- Campers can switch electives each Monday and Tuesday if they so prefer.