- When is the Camp Season?
Black Bear Lake’s camp season is July 1, 2019 to August 23, 2019.
- What are the summer hours?
The BBL Buses arrive to camp no later than 9 AM, and pull out promptly at 4 PM. Before/After camp child care is available upon request. Click here for Extended Hours info.
- What is a “Neighborhood Stop”, “BBL Hub”, and “Parent Drive To/From Camp”?
Click Here to read about all of our Transportation options.
- How short is the bus ride?
Buses pick up between 8:00 am & 8:30 am, and drop off between 4:20 pm and 4:45 pm. The average bus ride to and from camp is 20 to 30 minutes. Many areas have “Neighborhood Stop” pickup and drop-off options
- Are the camp buses air conditioned?
YES, all BBL buses are fully air conditioned for a cool ride to and from camp. Click here for Transportation Info.
- Do you offer “before & after camp” care?
YES, at BBL you can choose “Before/After Camp Care”. The hours are from 7:00 am to 6:30 pm. We offer an Early and/or Late Bus option. Click here for Extended Hours info.
- How many campers will be in my child’s group?
Approximately 12 to 15 campers (Cubs – 10 campers) of the same gender and grade. Elective activities are broken down into “divisions” of 1st/2nd grade, 3rd/4th grade, 5th/6th grade, 7-9th grade.
- How many staff are in the group?
One “Group Leader” (College Student); 1 to 2 “Junior Counselors” (HS Jr./Sr.); Cubs have one Group Leader and 2 Junior Counselors per group.
- Who teaches the activities?
Adult school teachers/professionals with teaching experience. Real coaches, real artists.
- What will the Daily Schedule include?
Click Here to see the Daily Schedule.
- Is peanut butter served at your facility?
We are a peanut butter free and peanut-aware camp, and offer soy butter as a substitute.
- What are the ingredients of the various bagels served? (Please note that we do not offer sesame seed bagels as part of the selection).
Click here to view bagel ingredients.
- What are the ingredients in the lunches?
Click here to view BBL Food page.
- What are the ice cream ingredients?
Click here to view BBL Food page.
- What are the requirements to participate in the Camper Broadway Show?
Campers should attend Weeks 2 through 7. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.
- What will my child do on a rainy day at camp?
It never rains at Black Bear Lake…it’s only liquid sunshine!
Rain or shine, B-B-L IS SPELLED F-U-N!During inclement weather, our indoor activities go on as usual – nothing is cancelled or postponed. Black Bear Lake is equipped to supply comfortable shelter and exciting indoor activities better than any camp out there!We have over 20,000 square feet of indoor, air-conditioned space throughout our campus where we vary activities all day long – play Indoor Gaga, watch movies on our high-definition screens, play over 50 different board games with friends, and participate in wild and wacky division-wide competitions for awesome prizes – like Are You Smarter Than A Fifth Grader?, Blurt, Indoor Scavenger Hunt, the Newlywed Game, or the BBL Annual Spelling Bee!On rainy days BBL even goes a step further with exciting trips to fantastic local facilities! We rent local movie theatres, take over local bowling alleys, and travel to a local gymnasium for basketball and other camp games.Rain? No problem – you can’t rain on our parade! At Black Bear Lake, we got you covered!In addition to all our air-conditioned buildings, on very hot days we have over 6,000 square feet of pool space and we extend our swim times!
- Do we have swim instruction?
YES. Campers entering Pre-Kindergarten to 4th grade are required to have Swim Instruction. Campers entering 5th grade and older may take it as an optional elective.
- What is the lake used for?
The Lake is primarily for our fun Water Park, Boating — row boats, kayaks, canoes, pedal boats & banana boats, and Fishing — Bass, Sunnies, Catfish and Carp. There is a lifeguard on the lake in a boat, and several around the lake at all times.
- What ages attend Black Bear?
3 years old (Cub Jr program) to 15 years old (entering 10th grade in Sept.). Click here for Program details.
- Can I change the weeks my child attends?
Yes, you can change the weeks anytime before or DURING the summer. There are no fees or charges to change the weeks before or during the summer.
- Do the weeks have to be consecutive?
No, you can choose any combination of weeks you’d like and change them anytime before or during the summer.
- What is the tuition?
Check out our Registration Section for full details.
- What is included in tuition?
Tuition includes towel service, horseback riding, lunch, snacks, transportation, all trips, plus a BBL t-shirt and backpack.
- Can we REALLY get a FULL refund at any time?
That’s our policy at Black Bear Lake! CLICK HERE for full details!
- What is the BBL Tax ID #?
Our Tax ID# is 26-1090385.
Anything we miss? Let us know by sending us an email!