At Black Bear Lake, we are dedicated to making the bus ride to and from camp SAFE, CONVENIENT and ENJOYABLE
ALL AIR-CONDITIONED BUSING!
Brand New State Of The Art Models On All Routes
Department of Transportation “COMFORT DESIGNED” School Buses.
Vehicles are the size of a 54 passenger bus with only 40 roomier seats per bus.
THE ONLY camp in the area with all new vehicles with the latest safety equipment
FACTORY INSTALLED Air-Conditioning For Maximum Camper Comfort
Black Bear Lake offers HUB STOPS. These buses head directly to Camp after their pick-up and when leaving camp in the afternoon go directly to the HUB STOP. After boarding at the stop, the bus goes directly to Camp without making any other stops along the way. HUB STOPS are between 15-25 minutes, the shortest strip possible. We offer this in all of the areas we service
Each Black Bear Lake bus is designed to provide maximum comfort and safety. All buses are air-conditioned and equipped with seat belts, cell phones and tracking devices. Each bus is driven by a New Jersey CDL-certified driver and is supervised by a bus counselor to ensure the safety and welfare of our campers
PARENT DRIVE TO/FROM CAMP
Drop-off is between 8:45 am and 9:00 am ; pickup is between 3:45 pm and 4:00 pm..
For those parents who need a longer day for their children, they may get dropped off any time after 7:00 am and enjoy crafts, games, playground, gaga, ping pong, and a breakfast of bagels and fresh fruit. In addition, children may stay after camp until 6:30 pm with our wonderful staff for more fun including a free swim, gaga, playground, volleyball, games, movies and more! There is no discount for Parent Drive when doing Before & After Care.
EARLY AND/OR LATE BUS OPTION
For parents not able to drive to/from camp for Extended Hours – we provide an Early and/or Late Bus. In the morning you will be able to meet the Early Buses at a convenient Neighborhood Stop between 7:00 am and 7:30 am. In the afternoon, the Late Buses will leave camp at 5:15 pm with Neighborhood Stop between 5:45 pm and 6:30 pm. We have Early and Late Bus Stops in both Monmouth and Mercer County and have considerable flexibility when setting up the run to meet almost any pickup/drop off requirement. Please call camp to discuss your specific needs.
THE MOST RIGOROUS SAFETY STANDARDS USED
BBL only uses NJ LICENSED & REGULATED School Buses
- All Vehicles MEET STATE STANDARDS and regulations as a child transport vehicle.
- All Vehicles are SPECIFICALLY DESIGNED FOR SAFETY- with heavy duty structure, bright color, and EMERGENCY EXITS.
- All vehicles have FLASHING WARNING LIGHTS to alert others to stop when your child gets on/off the bus.
BBL only uses PROFESSIONAL SCHOOL BUS DRIVERS
- All Drivers possess A NJ SCHOOL BUS CDL LICENSE and are scrutinized for their driving safety record by the State of NJ.
- These drivers are mature professionals who DRIVE CHILDREN TO SCHOOL & CAMP ALL YEAR and do not work at camp all day long.
- These drivers have EXPERIENCE DRIVING WITH ACTIVE CHILDREN on local roads, in the rain, and with high noise levels.