Black Bear Lake’s unique and innovative Elective Program allows you and your child to choose the activities they want. Your child has the opportunity to develop new friendships and bond with campers who have similar interests. Every Monday, you and your camper select the electives online for the following week. They go to their chosen electives every day of that week. Projects begin on Monday, and are completed by Friday, ready to bring home as a lasting memory of their great summer at BBL. Campers have the option to choose the same electives as the previous week or try something completely new! They may choose all sport electives, or all fine art electives, or any combination imaginable. From favorites like gaga or pedal karts, to cooking or water trampoline, the choices will provide your child with a variety of options and new experiences!
Campers in Lower and Junior Camp get to choose 4 first choice options and 4 second choice options. Senior and Upper Camp pick 5 first choice options and 5 second choice options. It’s all up to you!
- Electives are chosen by campers and their parents every Monday for the following week.
- They go to these electives every day – so if they start a project in Woodworking on Monday, they are finished with it by Friday.
- Each week, campers may choose the same electives as the previous week, they may choose all sport electives, or all fine art electives, or any combination imaginable – it is up to you!
- Many of our campers choose at least 1 elective activity throughout the summer to get an indepth exposure – like taking karate and working your way up to a green belt, or learning a different pottery technique each week like wheel throwing, coiling and pinching.
- Campers choose 8 elective options and rank them 1-8. Lower and Junior Camp will receive 4 electives. Senior and Upper Camp will receive 5 electives.
- Top choices are received approximately 95% of the time.